Friday, June 1, 2012

Man In The Middle

Every play from scrimmage starts with the center. But it is one of the most over looked positions in football. This week we caught up with the man at the beginning of every play for the Columbus Fire, Joe Long.  Joe is a veteran of the Fire, but is excited about this season and playing with all of the new additions to an already dominant team.



Name: Joe Long
Position: Center
Height: 6'1
Weight: 345

What is your Semi Pro Football experience?
Joe Long: 15 years of experience, all with the Columbus Fire.

Who is your favorite NFL player?
JL: Favorite NFL player I would have to say is Mike Vick because he has been through so much adversity and has stayed so strong and positive.

How did you get started playing Semi Pro Football?
JL: I used to go to all the Battlestar games when I was in high school and I decided to play after I graduated from high school, rather than playing college ball in south Dakota.

What was your football experience before the Fire?
JL: I played my freshman yr at Walnut Ridge and my senior yr at East

What are your thoughts on the 2012 season?
JL: I feel great about merger with Same Husein and the Ohio Eagles. Two championship teams that will jell as the season goes on to hopefully win the HFL title and bring another national championship back to Columbus.


How do you feel about the new additon of veterans on the offensive like like Shane Farris, Kevin Hyme and Tim Bolin?
JL: I think the new additions on the O Line make us a smarter and bigger O Line. They bring lots of experience and championship pedigree to the Fire.

What are your goals for the 2012 Season?
JL: Goals this year are to win the HFL and a national title after coming up 7 pts short in two previous attempts.


Anyone you would like to thank?
JL: I would like to thank Jesse Robinson and Kevin Hall who are like father figures to me. They got me to start playing semi pro. I also wanna thank the Godfather Jimmy Moore for pushing me all these yrs to get better and I have succeeded. I think Clinton Wallace, King Drafton, and Willy Young for continuing to push me in my last and final year. I also thank Same Hussein and his staff for the smarts and drive to be a National Champ.

No comments:

Post a Comment